• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jimmy Savile R.I.P

modge

Super Member
Just looking at the BBC homepage and found out that Jimmy Savile O.B.E died yesterday, Saturday. He will be sadly misted by 1000s here on this side of the pond. I grew up with Jimmy, he wasnt the finest dj out there but he always brought a smile to your face. A great charity fund raiser and show presenter. He was always helping out anyone who he could and never forgot were he came from. A good bloke with out a doubt. Rest in peace Jimmy.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15507374
 
Register to hide this ad
Yes, R.I.P. Jimmy - definitely one of the best!

Cheers, og/Dave :thmbsp:
 
Definitely a 'one-of'... a really good bloke who will be missed by so many.

I hope wherever he is now, someone 'fixes it for him' for a change - he has earned it many times over.

Farewell Jimmy.
 
WoW, I have memories of Jimmy from way back as a kid in the 60's, Radio Luxembourg under the blankets, Top of the Pops etc. What a character and truly unique.

Sail on Jimmy.
 
Got to experience Jimmy watching "Top Of The Pops" on the telly as a kid when we lived in London, England for a year.

What an unforgettable character.

God speed, Jimmy.
 
Back
Top Bottom