• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jimmy Witherspoon Record At Goodwill

arrow 68

Super Member
Banned
I found a cool Jimmy Witherspoon record today at GW. Sings The Blues. Crown Label, Catalogue 215, Clear Red Wax. VG-VG+ range. Plays with some background crackle, but not overwhelming. Small center split on the sleeve bottom. Can't complain for the usual buck. Rare, or not so rare? I looked up the book value, but that is relative.
 
Register to hide this ad
Red wax & the catalogue number 215 (CST 215, correct?) mean it's a stereo copy. Since usually only original issue LPs had red wax, it probably has a label that is black with silver print? I never thought of it as a particularly rare (read: scarce) LP in the past, but your question prompted me to nose around a bit, and from what I can tell there has not been a "sold" copy of this LP, in stereo or mono, in ebay as far back as 2004. Doesn't mean there weren't any listed, just none sold. Sounds like a deal to me, hope it plays as good as it looks & that you'll enjoy it.
 
Mystic said:
Red wax & the catalogue number 215 (CST 215, correct?) mean it's a stereo copy. Since usually only original issue LPs had red wax, it probably has a label that is black with silver print? I never thought of it as a particularly rare (read: scarce) LP in the past, but your question prompted me to nose around a bit, and from what I can tell there has not been a "sold" copy of this LP, in stereo or mono, in ebay as far back as 2004. Doesn't mean there weren't any listed, just none sold. Sounds like a deal to me, hope it plays as good as it looks & that you'll enjoy it.

Yes it is CST 215. Yes, Black Label, Silver Print. It's a solid copy, and I am listening to it for the third time. "Riding Blues" is worth the price of admission alone. "Want a big fat mama with meat shaken on her bones"?
There are two copies with buy it now options on Ebay now. Neither are CST 215. Or red wax. One is priced well below the book price of $80 for that particular pressing, and is stated as VG+. There are several different pressings according to Goldmine pressed between 59, and 61.
 
Back
Top Bottom