• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JimmyNeutron RT-909

madpioneer

Super Member
by JimmyNeutron: Please let us know when you do your RT-909 rebuild. I am having problems with mine - it don't work!! Actually it half works, but the hubs don't spin. I think it is a power related issue where the hub board (the one behind the hubs on the top) are not getting any voltage. I'm sure it's deeper than that, which is why I really would love to walk thru your progress of the RT-909. I'd really love to get mine up and running.

I did not want to highjack the thread on the CT-F1000 recapping so I started this new one.

I had the same problem with my RT-909 you are experiencing. Of course your problem may run much deeper but here is what was the problem with mine. The reed switches in the tape guide arms one was shot the other 'iffy'.
You know the high polished round tape guides that you turn extreme right on one side and extreme left on the other and they lock in place so you can thread the tape. There are reed switches that cut voltages to the drive motors. It may be that simple. Then again I am no expert and it may be some other issue. Just hoping I may help your problem. I know mine perplexed me pretty good.
 
Register to hide this ad
Muchas gracias Madpioneer!!!! I will tear into my machine this weekend to see if that is the problem. I hope it's that simple as I don't want to start replaceing boards to find a bad one. I will keep you posted.

Jimmy
 
Back
Top Bottom