• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

John Coltrane Blue Train vinyl identifier

Register to hide this ad
For Blue Note records it's all about the label on the record when it comes to dating a pressing. For Blue Train which was released in 1957 a true first pressings will have the Blue Note Records 47 west 63rd New York 23 label on both sides, these from what I have seen are extremely rare. Here is the label cheat sheet for dating pressings. I have a VG++ copy with the Blue Note Records Inc. 47 West 63rd label which would be a third pressing I guess.

http://londonjazzcollector.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/blue-note-labels-cheat-sheet-1600-updated2013-08-14.jpg
 
Last edited:
Mc_Man -
Thanks for the Blue Note link. It will be interesting to check through all the Blue Note remainders I picked up in the 60's/early 70's to see where they fit in the timeline. I had seen different valuations in old discographies, but the pictures really help in placing the different pressings.
 
For Blue Note records it's all about the label on the record when it comes to dating a pressing. For Blue Train which was released in 1957 a true first pressings will have the Blue Note Records 47 west 63rd New York 23 label on both sides, these from what I have seen are extremely rare. Here is the label cheat sheet for dating pressings. I have a VG++ copy with the Blue Note Records Inc. 47 West 63rd label which would be a third pressing I guess.

http://londonjazzcollector.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/blue-note-labels-cheat-sheet-1600-updated2013-08-14.jpg

Thanks, This is very helpful.
 
Back
Top Bottom