• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

John Hurt, Star Of "The Elephant Man" has Died

Register to hide this ad
posted my sentiments in another thread, but I'll repeat.

John Hurt portrayed both "Winston" from "1984" AND the Chancellor in "V For Vendetta"

RIP.
 
One of my favorite actors. He was amazing as Caligula in "I, Claudius"...

hurt.jpg


Rest in peace John Hurt...
 
Sir John was also fantastic as Quentin Crisp in the '75 film based on Crisp's biography, "The Naked Civil Servant"
 
First became aware of him in his earlier BBC works like "The Naked Civil Servant", and "I Claudius".
Another great talent is gone....travel well, Mr. Hurt....
 
Hurt's varied abilities and roles seemed to suit so many varied tastes out there. He was truly a man of all seasons and lived it through his many characterizations.

Another loss to the arts.

Q
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom