• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

John Lennon and Yoko Ono: Double Fantasy Stripped Down

vinylreview

Active Member
In addition to this week's Myvinylreview Top Five, this week features a bonus cd not available on vinyl: John Lennon and Yoko Ono's Double Fantasy Stripped Down. This release contains both the original album remastered, plus a new re-mix of the sessions, which presents Lennon's voice in a purer form--without the extensive vocal doubling, echo and extensive instrumentation that so defined the original. While Stripped Down won't replace the original, it's a alternative look at the Double Fantasy sessions, most any Lennon fan will want to hear. Read more here: http://myvinylreview.blogspot.com/2010/10/bonus-feature-john-lennon-and-yoko-ono.html
 
Register to hide this ad
thanks! I heard Just Like Starting Over on NPR and thought it was pretty good, more like a rock n roll song than the original. I am still debating whether to buy a copy yet or not.
 
I wonder how John would feel about that. I've heard he always added lots of effects on his voice (the solo albums, after the Beatles) because he didn't like the sound of his own voice and he was trying to cover it up.

But OMG, another Beatles related remix, I'll have to hear it.
 
Back
Top Bottom