• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jolida 102b - do I need a preamp

Kirk Y

New Member
Hello -

I am the proud owner of a Jolida 102b coupled with a Kenwood KD-750 turntable. Would a preamp help in the sound quality department. Looking at a Jolida JD9 Tube Phono Stage preamp but it is pricey considering I don't even know if I need it.

Also, if a preamp would benefit my set up, are there any less expensive recommendations?

Thanks

Kirk

P.S. We can argue about speakers later, that will be my next post... :)
 
Register to hide this ad
It's an integrated amp, so you don't need a preamp, just a phono stage.

jeff

I believe the OP is referring to a phono preamp as a preamp.

OP - So yes, you do need a phono preamp to play records with your turntable as vinyl mentioned. You asked, "Would a preamp help in the sound quality department" so I am curious have you already played records? If yes, then it will get a LOT better with a phono preamp. Like going from broken to a good sounding system.
 
Back
Top Bottom