• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JPW ML710i Tweeters

Joebags

Jobot
Hi guys and gals!

I'm looking for advice for my JPW ML710i floorstanding speakers.
I blew one of the tweeters so I'm looking to repair them properly.
I had an old tweeter lying around so I out that in, but the sound is not balanced anymore and it is a little bit frustrating!!

Has anyone got an idea of a suitable replacement tweeter and where I might them?

Also possibly looking to upgrade the low drivers but the tweeters need to get sorted first.

I've just missed someone on ebay selling parts.
These are the exact one's i'm looking for.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JPW-ML71...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557


Regards

Joe
 

Attachments

  • 41700017_879752305550016_7233736687614951424_n.jpg
    41700017_879752305550016_7233736687614951424_n.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 41723618_1749782378481921_6586117024525582336_n.jpg
    41723618_1749782378481921_6586117024525582336_n.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 41673954_2241849829368829_6171428075146838016_n.jpg
    41673954_2241849829368829_6171428075146838016_n.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 17
Register to hide this ad
Those are Audax tweeters (search on the first number). You can probably purchase a replacement from the manufacturer (or a speaker supplier) but it could cost you more than the speakers are worth. Can't hurt to try though. If you decide to replace with a different model, you'll have to replace both of them, as it's extremely unlikely that you'd find two different models of tweeter that sound identical.

Trying to "upgrade" the woofers is a fool's errand. I don't recommend it, for various reasons that have been mentioned here on AK ad infinitum.
 
Those are Audax tweeters (search on the first number). You can probably purchase a replacement from the manufacturer (or a speaker supplier) but it could cost you more than the speakers are worth. Can't hurt to try though. If you decide to replace with a different model, you'll have to replace both of them, as it's extremely unlikely that you'd find two different models of tweeter that sound identical.

Trying to "upgrade" the woofers is a fool's errand. I don't recommend it, for various reasons that have been mentioned here on AK ad infinitum.
Cool, thanks for the advice. Yea it's mainly the tweeters that I want to get done so I'll look into the audax option.

Cheers

Joe
 
index.php


So I managed to find tweeters on the Audax website.
It seems the one I have TM025F23 are obsolete so there are a few options.

TM020J3
TM020J11
TM025F1

https://www.audax-speaker.de/index....ion]=details&index[shop_articles][category]=3
&index[shop_articles][data][shop_articles_id]=134
 
The TN025F1 would appear to be the most similar, but that doesn't mean that they'll work properly. This is the point where you might want to contact the manufacturer (either JPW or Audax) and get their recommendations.
 
Back
Top Bottom