• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JR 149s and JR Super Woofer

Radine - Thanks so much for the information.
Those 149s are certainly on my wish list!
Thanks again. Good listening. - j
 
What is the serial numbering of the subs, that is, which is numbered earlier and later? The baffles are cut round and glued into the cylinder body?
 
What is the serial numbering of the subs, that is, which is numbered earlier and later? The baffles are cut round and glued into the cylinder body?

The sealed unit with the Audax woofer has serial number 2133. The number of the ported sub with the SEAS woofer has been masked by an Inspection stamp but it looks to be in the 20,000s. I think the ported ones are a later design.

Yes it does look like the baffles are glued to the cylinder body but to be honest I didn't study it too closely.
 
I would agree with the early one being sealed and the later one having a port, primarily for more efficiency and probably using a somewhat more robust woofer as power and volume became more in vogue.
 
Great post regarding the JR Superwoofer. I've been looking for this information a long time, since I'm trying to make a lookalike of this superwoofer and information on the placement of the drivers is still lacking.

I do have information on size (18,5 Inch/470mm height and 19,5 inches diameter) however it does say if this include the wheels.

I would be very grateful if we could get into contact on more details
 
Great post regarding the JR Superwoofer. I've been looking for this information a long time, since I'm trying to make a lookalike of this superwoofer and information on the placement of the drivers is still lacking.

I do have information on size (18,5 Inch/470mm height and 19,5 inches diameter) however it does say if this include the wheels.

I would be very grateful if we could get into contact on more details

Sorry Eppo but I cannot help you with measurements. A house move meant that I didn't have room for the super woofer so the JR set was sold a few weeks ago. Fortunately I was able to squeeze in a set of Tannoy Berkeleys though :banana:
 
Back
Top Bottom