• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Juke box amp question

ScottyDon't

New Member
Hello all,

First time posting here, but I have a 1965 Rowe AMI Diplomat and it looks like I have a aftermarket amp in it. Can anyone identify this? If this isn't the right place to post, let me know and I'll move/delete it. Thanks again.
 

Attachments

  • 20211225_135402.jpg
    20211225_135402.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211225_140302.jpg
    20211225_140302.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 47
Register to hide this ad
Kinda looks like it. Its not dirty enough. :D the power transformer looks older than the amp board too. It doesn't look like any of the amp boards I saw on the repair sites with original replacement boards.
 
Looks like an aftermarket amplifier to me. I have friend with old jukebox route. I'll see if he has a Diplomat parts machine (he runs lots of AMI-Rowe machines)
 
1965 I'd guess still may have been tube, if it was solid state I doubt it would be that amp. Looks way too modern and not sufficiently industrial. Usually early commercial solid state amps were built pretty much like tube gear, chunky steel chassis with maybe a circuit board or two mounted to it. Wouldn't be a bare PCB mounted to a hunk of particle board.


@dewdude could probably give you more details. He actually works on these things for a living.
 
Back
Top Bottom