• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Just got Pioneer SL-516, already have Yamaha YP-511 both late 1970s

sssboa

Super Member
So I already have Yamaha YP-511 fully manual.
Just bought Pioneer PL-516 fully automatic.

They're from same era, late 1970s.
I don't know much about turntables. I keep the original cartridge in the Yamaha.
Are the cartridges interchangable in these machines?
Are there different recommendations?
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Assuming both TT's have their original headshells, and assuming you're talking about the PL-516...
Both use a 1/2" cartridge mount.

Distance between the diamond tip and washer on the Yamaha is 48mm.
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/yamaha-yp-511-headshell-question.732473/

The same distance for the Pioneer headshell should be 49mm.

Both tonearms look to be around the same effective mass so the carts should be interchangeable.
 
Back
Top Bottom