• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Just made a road trip to snag some mac gear

2030ken

New Member
I have had an itch to get some mac gear went on a one day road trip with a buddy of mine and loaded the entire wagon with stuff. I have a ar sp6c for about a year and have been trying to find an amp to match up to it. I picked up a McIntosh MC2205 with a McIntosh Mr-74 and a MCINTOSH MX113 TUNER PREAMPLIFIER I would like to get some thoughts from you folks out there if this amp would be a good match for the ar pre. Or should In stick with the mac stuff or upgrade from that. I have k horns and forte II that I run in that system. My buddy picked up a mint pair up chorus in black that look brand new. The AUDIO RESEARCH needs some work so I could sell the mac pre and get the ar fixed.
Thanks in advance for any info
 
Register to hide this ad
Sounds like a nice pickup..

I would run the pre and amp combo, see what it sounds like to you.
 
I wouldn't fall for the name as being what makes me "use" it.

Mac stuff tends to be well made, but can be over engineered
for my Sonic tastes, so don't just judge the "sound" by brand.

Many times I've found I like one company's amp/preamp an or
speakers but not liked All of it to where a different Brand was
what I thought paired better with an certain piece then theirs.

So really to do ones self justice they should listen to the piece
and or pieces to find out what They actually think Sounds best.
 
Thanks for the input. I am going to get rid of some of my other things get the ar fixed then compare and get rid of the one that comes in second place.
 
Back
Top Bottom