• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Just ordered new badges from Klipsch

dontmindme

Creature
I've had a set of Heresy II's for quite awhile. When I bought them, they were missing both the Klipsch badges. I've lived with it for years, looking for the OEM from time to time. Every time I find a set, they're way to much $$.

Today I ordered the current pie logo replacement for the Heritage series speakers (referred to as the Jubilee Logo 070249) directly from Klipsch. I know they're not the correct badge but at least they'll have the Klipsch logo and it was only $25 for the pair, including shipping. I really don't intend on selling them, just really wanted some sort of badge on them. Anxious to see them and put them on.
 
Register to hide this ad
Unfortunately, you have just de-valued your speakers (at least to me). If I buy "vintage", I want it to be "correct", or live without until I can find "correct". The originals are not that hard to find--they turn up frequently, and although a couple dollars more, they are "correct". If you have no intention of selling and it makes you happy just to have some sort of badge on them--more power to you--after all--you don't listen to the logos!!! :)
 
I'm curious - in the past you have suggested Crites "upgrades" for Klipsch speakers, yet say replacement badges from Klipsch de-values them?

Interesting.:dunno:

As I also said--you don't listen to the badges. It is just that they are not "correct"--the Crites upgrades make a definite positive outcome and actually add value to the speakers, because if you didn't do it--someone else will should you sell them. I have a pile of JBL drivers stashed around here, but a couple of sheets of plywood and some veneer or black vinyl are not going to make them "real" JBLs with original foilcals and logos.
 
We'll just agree to disagree. I own 4 pair of Klipsch speakers - KG2, KG4, Cornwall, and Khorns - all bone stock. If I were in the market for more, I would pay more for originals than modified.
 
As I also said--you don't listen to the badges. It is just that they are not "correct"--the Crites upgrades make a definite positive outcome and actually add value to the speakers, because if you didn't do it--someone else will should you sell them. I have a pile of JBL drivers stashed around here, but a couple of sheets of plywood and some veneer or black vinyl are not going to make them "real" JBLs with original foilcals and logos.

Once again, I gotta say, THEY CAN EASILY BE REMOVED! I don't see any point to your continued remarks other than just to be argumentative. Thanks for your input,
 
Got my Klipsch badges on and they look awesome! The finishing touch I was looking for, and Klipsch was very easy to work with and fast with the delivery.
 
You do realize that putting on those badges on reduced the efficiency by 5db, and lets not get into a scuffle on what it did to alter the frequency response let alone devalue the speakers themselves:rflmao::bye:

To hell with efficiency is say! They're a wolf in sheeps clothing! Carry on.....
 
Looks great! I don't agree with the "devalue" part. This is for the OP's enjoyment, not to create period-correct museum pieces. They're not exactly going to be displayed at the Klipsch Museum in Hope, and like he says - he can always take them off when he sells them.
 
Ohh man those badges just messed up your speakers - there is no going back. When I got my Cornwalls there were no badges but when I removed the nailed on speaker covers - the badges were underneath hidden - a very nice surprise - so I understand the appreciation of them badges - I love mine.
 
Back
Top Bottom