• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Just rescued a Forsell Air Reference Turntable

everglades

Member
Just rescued a TT from a basement. Looks like and interesting project as it has tons of pieces including controllers, pumps, reservoir tanks etc. It all appears to be there but will require some effort to clean it up and figure it all out. If anyone is interested in seen the progress let me know and ill start posting.

Here's a preview.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0178.JPG
    IMG_0178.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 472
Register to hide this ad
I'd definitely be interested in seeing you bring it back to life . . . looks like there's a bunch of 'learning experiences' to get there but it's certainly too good to leave to rot.
 
Absolutely would like to see the restoration progress. Looks like a linear tracker air bearing system. Take your time and good luck!

Rick
 
Amazing find. Doesn't look like it is in obviously mistreated condition either. Though further investigation will determine that or not. I hope that it is an easy road for you.
 
Is this the Swedish table that uses dental floss for the drive belt? I know one of the super-high-end tables did, and I always wondered how one got the length/diameter correct. And what about the knot in the floss?
 
Whoever left this table to die like that....well, you don't want to know what I'm thinking should happen to that person.
 
The more I read about this table, the more I'm compelled to try to convince the OP that this table is highly toxic junk and should be very carefully packed and overnighted to me for 'proper disposal'. ;)

This thing looks awesome!
 
Whoever left this table to die like that....well, you don't want to know what I'm thinking should happen to that person.
Think of it this way. They had it. They failed to appreciate it. They no longer have it.

That is punishment in itself. Even if they cannot see it.
 
Thanks to all for your encouragement. It's my understanding it came from the estate of a fellow collector in my area NY/NJ. Although it's certainly dirty, it looks like all the necessary pieces are there. Before taking it apart I connected one of the pumps and the platter rose slightly and spun for what seemed to be hours with a slight flick of the wrist.

It is now fully disassembled and I'm polishing all the acrylic pieces with it a mild 2 step plastic polish. Quite tedious but it's looking almost new. The thing is super heavy, probably close to 100lbs all in. image.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 109
Back
Top Bottom