• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Just won the receiver of my (affordable) dreams!

jhoyt

Incomprehensible space llama
I'm pumped--last night I won an auction* for a Nikko NR-1019! I've been wanting a good vintage receiver, and had looked at Yamahas, such as the CR-1020 and its kin, but they were never affordable for me. (Of course, a couple months ago, I was 5 minutes late calling for one from CL...:sigh:...) So, I stumbled across an auction for a Nikko NR-1219, and was hooked! However, those LED power meters just didn't quite do it for me; hmm, I wonder if there's a model with analog meters?

That's when I found a reference to the 1019. Bingo!!! At that moment I was on a mission to find one. I googled "Nikko NR-1019" about 500 times, browsed auctions* and CL religiously, but...nothing. UNTIL--a week ago! Anyway, long story short, I was the highest (and only) bidder. It's coming to Nevada from the east coast...how will I ever sleep until it gets here?

* Well-known internet auction site...:scratch2:

From the auction listing:

IMG_5762.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Broc, what Nikko pieces do you have? Did they ever make any highly-rated integrateds?
 
Back
Top Bottom