• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jvc 4vr-5446 lamps

Tennangler

Well-Known Member
I recently bought this quad receiver that just needed a good cleaning of the pots to get it working. It has several lamps that are out and I would like to replace them. The schematic shows function lamps as 12v 100ma, dial lamps as 12v 300ma, fm stereo radar as 6v 35ma, and needle lamp as 6v 65mv (?). I cant find the cd-4 indicator lamp voltage.
The round bulbs measure about 4mm. The dial and meter lamps are the fuse type.
has anyone replaced lamps on this model before and can recommend a supplier and confirm these are correct values?
Thanks in advance
 
Register to hide this ad
I would contact member dgwojo to see if he has the lamps. He is a member here and supplies many people here with lamps.
 
I bought the lamps and replaced the FM stereo with the 6v bulb. It did not light even with 3/4 deflection on the strength meter.
I dont understand how this circuit works. Is there something else I can check?
 
I got a better antenna and the FM Stereo light came on. I put a record on and the CD-4 light came on. I will replace the FM lamp and the needle lamp.
 
Got all the lights working. Connected to a turntable and only getting sound from the left channel. This is in phono mode only. All other inputs work fine.
Seems like a problem with the preamp on one side. Can someone tell me where I should start looking?
 
Back
Top Bottom