• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JVC KD-A66 Restore

Hoffyone

New Member
Hello fellow tapesters! I am new to the "retro gear" but have owned it when it was new! I recently came across a JVC KD-A66 Cassette deck and wanted to know what to do. The tape play, fast forwards but does not rewind. What should I be looking to replace? I also need to find the lamps for the VU meters and display. Any ideas?

Thanks!
JH
 
Register to hide this ad
Idler Wheel

Idler wheel was the problem. I was able to clean it enough to get it rewind. Thanks for the tip!
Now it seems to be playing tapes faster than it should. I was hoping the idler wheel would taake care of it but no. What should I look for now?
 
There is a chance that the pinch roller has become hard, and has no grip on the tape.
To keep a tape always under tension, the pick-up reel runs a bit faster than playing speed. The pinch roller presses the tape against the capstan, to regulate accurate playing speed.
If the pinch roller loses its grip on the tape, it will play to fast.
 
Back
Top Bottom