• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JVC Mag-Lev Tonearm?

SchweinHaus

Well-Known Member
I was talking with a friend about turntables, and he mentioned that there were a few JVC turntables that have mag-lev tonearms. Is that an accurate characterization? And if so, which turntables have one? I think the QL-Y5 and Y7 have it, but I'm not sure. Has anybody ever had one and ran into issues or found it wanting? Apparently you can crank your amp and knock on the plinth and it won't make a peep. Same concept applies to any motor noise or rumble. Seems like a cool deck. Any thoughts?
 
Register to hide this ad
Mag-Lev no, servo controlled yes like Denon and the Sony's.
Issues, yes when they fail to work properly and are not able to be repaired.
 
Replace capacitors in time and you will not have the problem, sometimes the CSD photoresistors needs replacement to detect arm location correctly
 
Back
Top Bottom