• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JVC QL-A7 Turntable Hinges and/or Dust Cover

AdrianRandy

New Member
Help, I need a dustcover for my QL-A7. I found a guy who makes replacement dust covers but without the hinges. Does anybody know of a place that sells hinges? Or, does anyone know if there are other brands that might fit a JVC? Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
I think Turntable Depot may have the dust cover, or there are companies that will make a custom dustcover to your specs. You can often find dustcover hinges on Ebay. You may not find the exact ones for the JVC, but most dustcover hinges will work. Be sure they are metal and not plastic hinges. You may have to adapt the hinges because the holes may not line up. In that case a dustcover that does not have the screws holes already drilled would be better. You can simply drill the holes to match the hinges. The hinges may not line up with the holes in the plinth, but you may be able to cover the existing holes with the new hinges. Worst case, you have a couple small holes in the back that aren't normally visible.

Jon
 
Last edited:
You might actually have a local plastics fabricator that could do a dust cover for you and would be willing to drill holes to meet your needs. I know we have 2 such outfits here.

Those JVC covers are big ... I got a quote from one of my local places for a QL-Y55f (which is bigger still) - and it was about $120.

However, since the covers are large, you might run into an issue with some non-original hinges not being able to hold the cover open. For this reason, I'm not sure if they would do the trick, but Technics SL-1200 hinges are pretty common ... you have to make sure you get both the hinge and the plastic hinge mount and there is usually a backing plate and hinge bracket included, that you wouldn't need.
 
Back
Top Bottom