Picked up a JVC JR-S600 receiver and a pair of JBL L40's the other day. My buddy wanted to get rid of them, so I'm giving him some pool chemicals in return.
The JVC is 120 wpc.....I was with him when he bought it in 1977. It is huge, very heavy, and sounds great. It looks quite a bit different than traditional receivers of the time. I don't have a camera, so I can't post a picture, but here's a URL for a JR-S300. The S300 looks about the same, just not as many controls.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1365547594
The S600 is a very versatile and powerful receiver. Since it's not very well known, one could probably be had pretty reasonable on Ebay. Shipping would be expensive though.....this thing must weigh close to 60 pounds.
The L40's need the woofers refoamed. The cabinets are in good condition. I'm kind of anxious to get these fixed up as it's been a LONG time since I've heard JBL speakers.
Helix
The JVC is 120 wpc.....I was with him when he bought it in 1977. It is huge, very heavy, and sounds great. It looks quite a bit different than traditional receivers of the time. I don't have a camera, so I can't post a picture, but here's a URL for a JR-S300. The S300 looks about the same, just not as many controls.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1365547594
The S600 is a very versatile and powerful receiver. Since it's not very well known, one could probably be had pretty reasonable on Ebay. Shipping would be expensive though.....this thing must weigh close to 60 pounds.
The L40's need the woofers refoamed. The cabinets are in good condition. I'm kind of anxious to get these fixed up as it's been a LONG time since I've heard JBL speakers.
Helix