• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JVC XL-V75BK CD Player, anyone else like these?

seagiant

Active Member
Hi,
Wanted a economical used CD Player known to be tough and reliable.

After some research and a history of good luck with things JVC decided to get one of these.

So far runs very well and sounds great.

Was wondering if there were any more JVC CD PLayer Fans out there, and how liked the JVC XL-V Players are?

ezgif-4-3c6835a9eb.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Congrats @seagiant!

That's a sweet sounding CD player!

LC7881.jpg

I have one equipped with the above Sanyo LC7881 DAC chip, which to my ears gives the Philips TDA1543 a run for the money.
 
Last edited:
Hi,
Wanted a economical used CD Player known to be tough and reliable.

After some research and a history of good luck with things JVC decided to get one of these.

So far runs very well and sounds great.

Was wondering if there were any more JVC CD PLayer Fans out there, and how liked the JVC XL-V Players are?

View attachment 3279484
I have had my JVC XL-Z1050 since new. I use it for my transport now, but it is pretty good sounding as a separate player.
 
Hi,
Ok, I have the same chip, SANYO LC7881, also see some YAMAHA in there! (Sound Chip?)

Interesting!

Noticed the Tray Transport seems more smooth and solid, compared to other CD Players I have had!

Hope this one last awhile!

sanyo.JPG
 
Hi,
Ok, I have the same chip, SANYO LC7881, also see some YAMAHA in there! (Sound Chip?)

Interesting!

Noticed the Tray Transport seems more smooth and solid, compared to other CD Players I have had!

Hope this one last awhile!

WView attachment 3279576
I would gently clean that lense with a q-tip & windex while the lid is off..I didn't know they made a xl-v75 in black plastic, every one I have seen out in the wild has been the jvc titanium
 
Hi,
No option for that with thisPlayer but sounds good to me.

I do run an external DAC with my Sansui/ JVC Turntable!

e6c9927d7c6d10609c486d1af99a3c07 (1).jpg
 
Hi,
Wanted a economical used CD Player known to be tough and reliable.

After some research and a history of good luck with things JVC decided to get one of these.

So far runs very well and sounds great.

Was wondering if there were any more JVC CD PLayer Fans out there, and how liked the JVC XL-V Players are?

View attachment 3279484

I'm a little late with my reply, but I have a JVC XL-V95 that looks virtually the same as your player. I picked it at a thrift store about 4 years ago for $10. Much to my surprise it worked perfectly, and I never had to do a thing to it. Out of all my audio gear the JVC products are the most reliable. Besides the CD player I also have 3 cassette decks. FISHER CD PLAYER.jpg
 
I just picked one of these JVC Xl-v75 Single CD Compact Disc players up. Sounds great. Does anyone know if it came with a remote? If so what does it look like and is a replacement available? Thanks
 
Many of these lower end JVC CD players of the time did not have integral remote control capability, and depended on the use of a JVC receiver with a system remote. Interconnection of components was via 1/8" patch cords. I had a stack of this stuff years ago, the CD player could be controlled via the receiver's unified remote, but did not have one of its own. These were decent enough gear that did the job before I went headlong into vintage gear.

Right now, I have a JVC XL-V300, among a larger collection of vintage CD players, and it sounds surprisingly good for being a 1984-85 era unit. I should look and see what DAC was used.
 
Thanks - I guess if I want remote control I would need to figure out what receivers paired with this? I did an A/B test against a much newer Sony DVD/CD player using both analog and digital outs and I could not hear a difference. The Sony is about a 1/6 of the size though;-)
 
I had an RX-305TN receiver (I think that was the model). Could probably find one cheaply now, these were circa 1993-94, and use a universal remote if the factory remote isn't included. I used a OneForAll brand 8 device remote at the time, and usually kept my factory remotes safely stored away.

The interconnection cords were ordinary 1/8" mono patch cables. Look at the rear of the CD player, you should see a jack (or maybe 2) marked "compulink". If that is present, then a JVC receiver with unified remote should work. I'm not sure what year they first implemented that system, so some players may predate it.
 
Cool thread to come across. I have a XL-V75 that I bought on eBay years ago just because I was tired of playing CDs on my little Aiwa portable CD player. I brought the JVC up from the basement today so the rest of the family could compare our small selection of CD playing devices back to back, and since I thought of this as just something cheap and weird I was surprised when they were favorably disposed toward it (even comparing to illustrious competition like a no-name CD alarm clock and a Toshiba DVD/VCR combo). By comparison, the JVC seemed more detailed and the Toshiba a big boomy. I just found the eBay order confirmation e-mail - I paid $5.24 in October 2007.

It's developed a slight eccentricity where the loading tray sometimes goes out and immediately back in with no further input, but otherwise it's never given any trouble.
 
Hi gang...a little late to reply. I just picked up this unit a couple of days ago. It's my second jvc XL cd player. I sold my first one a little while ago (it had the remote control, I believe xl-v311 ), and kinda regretted selling it. Sonically it was nice just like this new one, but i just like the "ruggedness " it has...it operates with authority. It was a tank, super-reliable! This new unit is pretty much the same. Sonically, i find it close to older Sony cd players, although i find the sony's sound a bit brighter (to me). These older jvc units are really well built! Here's a pic of my jvc's together!
 

Attachments

  • 6AFFBBA4-65B0-4B73-B1FA-6D5708B54DE2.jpeg
    6AFFBBA4-65B0-4B73-B1FA-6D5708B54DE2.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 19
Hi,
Ok, I have the same chip, SANYO LC7881, also see some YAMAHA in there! (Sound Chip?)

Interesting!

Noticed the Tray Transport seems more smooth and solid, compared to other CD Players I have had!

Hope this one last awhile!

View attachment 3279576
Hello,
Could you please provide the reference for the JVC model you photographed that contains the Yamaha YM3805-H and LC7881 ICs? I have a JVC Hi-Fi station (model CA-E33BK) with a non-working CD player. Upon opening it, I found it uses the Optima 5 lens, along with the YM3805-H and LC7881 ICs. I need to replace the CD mechanism and would like to know if the model you referenced might be compatible.


Thank you!
 
The 75 is a stout little player. I have one I have used to demo amps and receivers I sell and am going to put on marketplace to sell as I have others. And as Sansuiman said above any of those JVC receivers like RX-305TN work well to control cd player I had that receiver and cd player I sold a few years ago. Those 90s JVC units work quite well.
 
Back
Top Bottom