oldboats
Iron Pyrite Ear
So - on that auction site there is (or at least recently has been) some advertisements that caught my eye for *ahem* "TOTL" Kabuki speakers. Namely I am talking about the royal families of the Kenwood KL-10000Z and the Sansui SP-X11000.
Kenwoods in the past have sold for upwards of $1200, but usually seem to go around $500. Of recent, there were some ads for them on the auction site where they could not get $140ish dollars for a starting bid, but the seller was super sketchy and listed things terribly. Then there was another ad where they have been trying to get as much as $300 and failing, again a weird seller. Lastly, there was (is?) a seller with half of one cabinet who thinks that they can get $200 for half of one speaker. NO ONE has been trying to get these lately.
Then there are the Sansui monsters. I know that Sansui speakers generally bring more, but there was one ad for a monster receiver and a set of SP-X11000 speakers for $4,000! Then someone listed another set for $2,400 and actually got a bid! Admitted, they were very nice - but wow!
Are we not talking full on TOTL JBL price range soon?
Also, why would the Kenwood speakers not move and the Sansui bring so much!? I have dealt on all of these in the past, and I know I never offered more than $300 for SP-X11000 - and I would have gotten them if the seller had not sold them to a friend over me.
Also, on the lesser models, I have seen a couple of single cabinet large Sansui SP-X "museum grade" on the auction site for I think it was $1,000 to $1,200.
Am I going insane or is this really the way things are headed?
Kenwoods in the past have sold for upwards of $1200, but usually seem to go around $500. Of recent, there were some ads for them on the auction site where they could not get $140ish dollars for a starting bid, but the seller was super sketchy and listed things terribly. Then there was another ad where they have been trying to get as much as $300 and failing, again a weird seller. Lastly, there was (is?) a seller with half of one cabinet who thinks that they can get $200 for half of one speaker. NO ONE has been trying to get these lately.
Then there are the Sansui monsters. I know that Sansui speakers generally bring more, but there was one ad for a monster receiver and a set of SP-X11000 speakers for $4,000! Then someone listed another set for $2,400 and actually got a bid! Admitted, they were very nice - but wow!
Are we not talking full on TOTL JBL price range soon?
Also, why would the Kenwood speakers not move and the Sansui bring so much!? I have dealt on all of these in the past, and I know I never offered more than $300 for SP-X11000 - and I would have gotten them if the seller had not sold them to a friend over me.
Also, on the lesser models, I have seen a couple of single cabinet large Sansui SP-X "museum grade" on the auction site for I think it was $1,000 to $1,200.
Am I going insane or is this really the way things are headed?