• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kanto Speakers

BobDoh

Active Member
Has anyone listened to the Kanto line of speakers? I have the Kanto YU powered speakers on my desktop. They are mounted on the Kanto 9 inch stands. I LOVE how they sound and all I'm using is an old iTouch as a source.

My current main setup is a Yamaha rx-777 receiver with a Pro-ject carbon evo turntable, Yamaha cd player and Klipsch RP-600M speakers. I like the Kantos so much that I ordered the Kanto YU 5.25 passive speakers to compare to the Klipsch. They'll be here tomorrow. I have a feeling they will sound better in the mid range and highs but will lack the bass of the Klipsch.

I can still return the Klipsch so it will be interesting to see which one wins out.
 
Register to hide this ad
Kanto YU 5.25 passive speakers came today. Hooked them up and am letting them run for the day. First impressions are good but have not compared them to the Klipsch yet. Will do that tonight but first impression is what I expected. Less bass in the Kanto's but better mids and highs and no shouting effect that the Klipsch have.
 
Compared the speakers last night. It only took a couple of minutes to determine that the Klipsch were FAR superior to the Kanto. Klipsch had more of everything. More bass, more clarity to the mids and highs. The Kanto are still good but I wouldn't keep them in lieu of the Klipsch. Plus I got the Klipsch for 150 bucks on amazon as renewed and had some Amazon dollars and some Fond money from work.
 
So the $600 Klipsch are better than the $200 Kanto?(ballpark retail prices) I guess I’m not surprised. With a bigger woofer, 96 db sensitivity and a better cabinet, they have a bigger budget to play with.

I noticed this thread because I recently picked up a pair of the Kanto YU4 as fronts for our 3 speaker set up mini theater. I wanted really small speakers and that was my primary priority. But these are solid speakers, I’m happy with the sound.
A 4” woofer that gets down to 50 hz, perfect for this set up, and not harsh sounding.
 
Oh yeah Kanto are great speakers. I have the YU's on my desktop and love them. The YU 5.25 passives sounded good as well and had more bass than I expected but when compared to the RP600's they were no match.
 
Back
Top Bottom