• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kappa video VS. Kappa video series II

Beardog2010

New Member
Hi everyone.

I have a question about some kappa video (center\Rear) speakers.
I have a hard time finding any real specifications for Infinity kappa video,
i think i found some specifications for the Infinity kappa video series II, but
that`s not enough for me.

I really want to go for kappa video and NOT kappa video series II, because
i want to match them with my fronts, that`s not series II. Also it`s the matter
of rarity when it comes to the kappa video, those are really hard to come by,
and i need 5 of them (like it`s not hard enough to come by even just 1 of these).

Does anyone here in the forum have any information\specification for both the
kappa video and kappa video series II, and can anyone tell me what the difference
is between those two?

All information provided will be very much appreciated, thanks in advance.
 
Register to hide this ad
What are your front speakers? I don't think I have any original kappa videos (I'll try to remember to check when I get home) but I'm pretty sure they use the same components, and it's unlikely that they sound significantly different, if at all.
 
What are your front speakers? I don't think I have any original kappa videos (I'll try to remember to check when I get home) but I'm pretty sure they use the same components, and it's unlikely that they sound significantly different, if at all.
My fronts are Infinity kappa 9. Thanks, i would really appreciate if you could check :) Okey, i could go for series II, but it would very much depend on the difference in specifications from the original kappa video`s :)
 
Neither version will match exactly. The Kappa video came out with the Kappa x.1 series (e.g. 9.1, 8.1, etc) so it has an EMIT-R rather than a standard EMIT. But again, I think any EMIT-based center speaker will work OK. I'm using a Delta center with my Kappa 8s in L/R and it sounds great.

There are four EMIT-R based centers that I'm aware of:

Kappa Video (series 1 and 2)
CS Video
Delta Video
Infinitesimal Center

and no standard centers with EMITs (although I've seen quite a few amateur builds). If you're dead set on using a center with a standard EMIT, you could try finding a Kappa 5 (although they usually sell for much more than they should) or maybe a Kappa 6, if you have the space. It won't have a D'appolito array, but that's not required.
 
Neither version will match exactly. The Kappa video came out with the Kappa x.1 series (e.g. 9.1, 8.1, etc) so it has an EMIT-R rather than a standard EMIT. But again, I think any EMIT-based center speaker will work OK. I'm using a Delta center with my Kappa 8s in L/R and it sounds great.

There are four EMIT-R based centers that I'm aware of:

Kappa Video (series 1 and 2)
CS Video
Delta Video
Infinitesimal Center

and no standard centers with EMITs (although I've seen quite a few amateur builds). If you're dead set on using a center with a standard EMIT, you could try finding a Kappa 5 (although they usually sell for much more than they should) or maybe a Kappa 6, if you have the space. It won't have a D'appolito array, but that's not required.
Oh, i thought maybe the kappa video was the match for 9`s. Thanks for the info, then i at least know that none of them are an exact match :) EMIT-R will be fine, i was more concerned about specifications on the two and if possible, i would go for something that was from the same era\year as the 9`s. I already own a pair of Kappa 6, and i thought about using one or both for center, but i really dont have the space for it. I know about 3 kappa video series II being sold alltogether (that`s rare), but i don`t want to rush in to it before i know more about specifications and difference between the two. Are both the kappa video and kappa video series II rated at 6 Ohm`s, do you know?
 
I just checked my stock and all my Kappa Videos are the original versions. I then looked on ebay, and I found both types. The only visible differences seem to be that the Series II version says "Series II" on the connection plate and the tweeter. There were no Infinity center speakers made at the same time as the original Kappas; they were designed before surround sound became very popular, and the x.1 series was probably already in the pipeline when it did, which is why they never made a center for the originals. I don't know the impedance rating for either, sorry.
 
I just checked my stock and all my Kappa Videos are the original versions. I then looked on ebay, and I found both types. The only visible differences seem to be that the Series II version says "Series II" on the connection plate and the tweeter. There were no Infinity center speakers made at the same time as the original Kappas; they were designed before surround sound became very popular, and the x.1 series was probably already in the pipeline when it did, which is why they never made a center for the originals. I don't know the impedance rating for either, sorry.
Thanks for checking on your stock, i really appreciate that :) Now i know that i can probably go for either :)
 
The drivers are the same with the exception of the face plate on the Tweeter I was there before. Maybe there’s a difference in the crossover ? I would go for the three of you have a chance to purchase them
You always make your own Center.
Custom Kappa 9 center channel.
Infinity kappa 6 cabinets mated, RS1b woofers, Infinity RSDS Polygraph K mid bass, Infinity RSDS Polydome K midrange. Front & Rear Infinity emit K tweeters and infinity RS 4000 Super Tweeter. Kappa 9 crossover.

D9FAB2C6-A2F8-41BC-AC38-C54C0E4123F4.png

21BF9E2F-9AF7-4133-BA78-6F839C4C560B.png
 
Oh, i thought maybe the kappa video was the match for 9`s. Thanks for the info, then i at least know that none of them are an exact match :) EMIT-R will be fine, i was more concerned about specifications on the two and if possible, i would go for something that was from the same era\year as the 9`s. I already own a pair of Kappa 6, and i thought about using one or both for center, but i really dont have the space for it. I know about 3 kappa video series II being sold alltogether (that`s rare), but i don`t want to rush in to it before i know more about specifications and difference between the two. Are both the kappa video and kappa video series II rated at 6 Ohm`s, do you know?
I have same prob with u need to know spec for Mine kappa video series. only know its rated at 8ohm..
 
Hi everyone.

I have a question about some kappa video (center\Rear) speakers.
I have a hard time finding any real specifications for Infinity kappa video,
i think i found some specifications for the Infinity kappa video series II, but
that`s not enough for me.

I really want to go for kappa video and NOT kappa video series II, because
i want to match them with my fronts, that`s not series II. Also it`s the matter
of rarity when it comes to the kappa video, those are really hard to come by,
and i need 5 of them (like it`s not hard enough to come by even just 1 of these).

Does anyone here in the forum have any information\specification for both the
kappa video and kappa video series II, and can anyone tell me what the difference
is between those two?

All information provided will be very much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Did u know spec for tower Infinity kappa video series ?
 
Back
Top Bottom