• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KEF 104.2 w/ receiver

quantaloop

New Member
Hi,

I'm considering buying a pair of KEF 104.2 (suitable for use with amplifiers up to 200W 4 ohms or 100W 8 ohms), which falls right on my current budget. I own a AKAI AA-1200 receiver (rated 120 watts per channel into 8Ω), which I currently use to drive my Image Concept 200s. I was wondering if this receiver would be sufficient to drive the KEF... and if not, what other speakers would you look into? I'm looking to upgrade from these Image Concept 200 with a nice pair of vintage speakers.

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
The speakers are 4Ω and the receiver will handle that and should have more power at 4Ω than at the 8Ω rating, you can check that on HFE owners manual or other documents might say. So Drugolf is correct you should be just fine with those spakers on that receiver. Don't run both pair at one time, though.
 
Back
Top Bottom