• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KEF 105's DFW Area

Register to hide this ad
One hell of a great speaker.
What a steal. You can´t get those here in Europe for that price.
 
Those big bextrene woofers like a big SS amp with high current and grip.
When new, these speakers were a game changer.
 
I agree- real milestones in audio inovation! I heard a set of these on a Hafler DH500 and it was a real experience- the speakers seemed to have plenty of steam left- the Hafler not so much!
DC
 
I worked with a guy, in the car stereo business, back in the 80s, who was a real fanatic about some things.

His home system might be the best thing I ever heard. Kef 105.2, homebrew subs, self-built heathkit sub amps and boutique SS monoblocks. Every signal cable was of very high quality, as short as possible, and soldered straight onto the boards. RCA connectors, no thank-you. Like I said, fanatical.

I don't remember if he had a turntable. The dynamic range of those newfangled CDs was making us happy.

Anyway, Kef 105 is a real beauty.
 
As a 105 owner, if you can swing it you are in for a treat. These speakers sound phenominal, some of the sweetest midrange I have ever heard. That is a lot of speaker for $435.
 
Back
Top Bottom