• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KEF C Series speakers on Seattle CL - any good?

Kef C-80's

Snade said:
Nice score. I have the C40s from that series of Kef and really like these speakers.

Here is some info from the marketing document of that series.

Kef_C80.jpg


Kef_C_series.jpg


Kef_C_series_specs.jpg


The hand written notes in the specs table above are from the dealer when I picked up the C40s in the mid-1980's. The C40s were $550 a pair or $500 if you also purchased a receiver. The C80s were too expensive for me at the time. If the C60s sold for $275 each, I bet the C80s sold for at least $300 per speaker.

Cheers. Snade

Thanks for the info. I noticed that the peg holes for the grills are different on these. 2 are located by the tweeter, and 2 below the passive radiator. Not that it makes any difference. Were there different series maybe?
 
I DON'T HAVE ANY KEF'S:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

CHILL OUT SPEAKERLUST:twak:

THAT'S BETTER:guitar:
 
bloodrock said:
Hey Rick, Sounds like a plan. One of these days we can hook up. Seems like life gets so hectic. Let me know your schedule for the week or next. weekends too. I also still need to pick up the TT.

Check your email.

Rick
 
Snade said:
Nice score. I have the C40s from that series of Kef and really like these speakers.
The C80s were too expensive for me at the time. If the C60s sold for $275 each, I bet the C80s sold for at least $300 per speaker.

Cheers. Snade
I owned the C40's also.A pretty good speaker,too.According to Orion,the C80's were $1090 a pair.
$20.TWENTY.Two-Zero.I paid 180 for mine,and I was singing all the way home.20.Im gonna throw up.
Great deal.I bet youre gonna love em.
Jimmy
 
Kef C-80's

2DualsNotEnough said:
I owned the C40's also.A pretty good speaker,too.According to Orion,the C80's were $1090 a pair.
$20.TWENTY.Two-Zero.I paid 180 for mine,and I was singing all the way home.20.Im gonna throw up.
Great deal.I bet youre gonna love em.
Jimmy
God I hope you havent thrown up yet :sigh: , because you might throw up again :no: . She was asking 20.00, but since we couldnt get them running on her denon receiver, she said 10.00 for the speakers and denon :yes: . I guess she figured they were going to the dump anyway, so any amount was better than nothing :yes: . As you know, the speakers are working here, plus the denon was working too. Sold it later on CL for 25.00. :scratch2:
 
Kef C-80's

centaurus3200 said:
so, what do you think of the C80 comapred to your other speakers?

Robby

With what I have here, there is no comparison to the Sansui speakers. The Kef's are much smoother, have tighter and deeper bass, and image is wider and good detail, not as direct as the SP-3500 or SP200 SP7500. They compare to the B&W DM6 that I have, but have more bass too.
 
cool ma. so, i guess they are keepers? they'd make a nice period british set-up with your Rotel RX-603, eh?

i love my kef calinda and kef 104/2! i'm using a quad 405-2 and quad 909 with them.

see ya,
Robby
 
Kef C-80's

centaurus3200 said:
cool ma. so, i guess they are keepers? they'd make a nice period british set-up with your Rotel RX-603, eh?

i love my kef calinda and kef 104/2! i'm using a quad 405-2 and quad 909 with them.

see ya,
Robby

Hi centaurus3200, Right now these are hooked up to a Sansui QRX5500. The sound is very smooth, with very nice bass, excellent imaging, and they actually play louder then any of the sansui's. I might try them with the Rotel later today. It's been sitting for awhile and needs to be brought back into service. I will keep these considering what I ended up paying for them. Couldnt replace these for the money invested. I really like the calinda's. Heard a pair way back in the early 70's. Couldnt afford them then, and these seem to be hard to find in any kind of condition.
 
Back
Top Bottom