• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KEF on CT CL

Register to hide this ad
I suspect they are quite good, but there is a limit to the bass that can be gotten out of a small box even with two 8 inch woofers. But the coaxial uni Q tweeter is pretty effective, so imaging is good and the polar pattern is more consistent than with a tweeter mounted seperately.
 
Price seems spot-on.

Haven't heard this one myself, but would expect above average performance. I think KEF sold a lot of this model, as it seems like they show up used a lot.
 
I had a pair of those and decided they weren't my cup of tea. Too big to be bookshelfs and too small to be floorstanders. I wasn't impressed with the highend of them no matter what kef claims about them being "special".
 
I had a pair of those and decided they weren't my cup of tea. Too big to be bookshelfs and too small to be floorstanders. I wasn't impressed with the highend of them no matter what kef claims about them being "special".

But you didn't think they sounded poor, right? Just not remarkable?

As with any speaker maker, not all of the models can be great.
 
But you didn't think they sounded poor, right? Just not remarkable?

As with any speaker maker, not all of the models can be great.

Yes that's a very good way of describing them; unremarkable. The lack of any decent highs is very unremarkable. I wanted to like mine as it was my first pair of kefs but they just didn't make the cut.
 
I had a pair of the columns with two 8 inch drivers, one with the UniQ, and I know what you mean about the high end, but I think that we often confuse uncontrolled dispersion (and the resulting room reflections) with extended high frequencies. They do sound dull off if you are way off axis but on axis, I felt it was a natural and believeable high end. Didn't find the low end as compelling so traded for some Bozaks.
 
Back
Top Bottom