• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood A-9100 or Pioneer Spec-4

ampman

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi,

If you had the option of owning a Kenwood KA-9100 amp or the Pioneer SPEC-1/SPEC-4 combo, which would you choose?

I've been a Kenwood guy since the 1970's yet hear good things about the Pioneer Spec series.

Thanks for your help in understanding.
 
Register to hide this ad
I usually enjoy the sound of dual powered amps like the Kenwood and 90 watts is a stout amp for that time period but IMO can't compare with Pioneers top of the line SPEC amps. I would choose Pioneer.
I would even choose my Japanese market SPEC Jr. set over the Kenwood.

20220501_103223~4.jpg
 
Hi,

If you had the option of owning a Kenwood KA-9100 amp or the Pioneer SPEC-1/SPEC-4 combo, which would you choose?

I've been a Kenwood guy since the 1970's yet hear good things about the Pioneer Spec series.

Thanks for your help in understanding.
I'd take the Pioneer Spec separates over the Kenwood (and it's a nice integrated itself, the KA 6000 is my favorite Kenwood integrated ever).
 
Back
Top Bottom