• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood KA-3500 Right Channel Static Noise

decin06

New Member
Hello, I have a 1977 Kenwood KA-3500 amplifier that has static (also crackles and occasionally pops) coming from the right speaker on both channels (A and B). I thought it was a connection problem with the speaker terminals and speaker wires, but the static on the right side continues with headphones on.

The static noise does not get louder with volume, and is the same across all inputs. Also, I cleaned all the buttons, switches, and pots.

Any ideas on what may be causing the static noise? Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Probably transistors in the main amp, either the differential pair or the four transistor equivalent, I'm not sure which is in the 3500. Very likely to be some of the known trouble causing ones all the main manufacturers used in the mid 70s, they fail with age. Hiss, pops, static, etc.
 
Probably transistors in the main amp, either the differential pair or the four transistor equivalent, I'm not sure which is in the 3500. Very likely to be some of the known trouble causing ones all the main manufacturers used in the mid 70s, they fail with age. Hiss, pops, static, etc.
Thank you! I will see what I can do.
 
Back
Top Bottom