• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood KD-2070 cartridge recommendation

I just picked up a Kenwood KD-2070 and a Pioneer SX-780 for $90 at an estate sale:




Man, I'm surprised by how good the Pioneer sounds! The turntable sounds pretty good also and I am wondering what cartridges might work well with it. I looked around a little bit and didn't find that much info.
 
Register to hide this ad
I just picked up a Kenwood KD-2070 and a Pioneer SX-780 for $90 at an estate sale:

Man, I'm surprised by how good the Pioneer sounds! The turntable sounds pretty good also and I am wondering what cartridges might work well with it. I looked around a little bit and didn't find that much info.

Unable to see your pictures.

Can you identify the present cartridge? :idea:
 
I have a Pioneer PL-530 that came with an ADC G-U cartridge. Looks like a similar body to the one in your photo, and it sounds real good. for the price of that replacement stylus linked to lpgear above you can't go wrong.
I also have a Kenwood KD-3070 that I've tried with an Audio Technica AT95e and it also sounds real good. The AT95e gets good reviews and is reasonably priced.
 
Shure M75 and Ortofon F15e MKII vintage work well on my KD5070.

I have no personal experience with AT carts, but I agree if buying new AT 95 should be a good match to that system.
 
I picked up the LP Gear replacement stylus for the ADC LM20 MKiii and it sounds great. I might try the AT 95 sometime, but I'm happy with how it sounds now.
 
Back
Top Bottom