• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood KD-750 DIN tonearm cable help

bisonguy

Active Member
I have just purchased a Kenwood KD-750, but it won't arrive for a couple of weeks. It is missing the DIN tonearm cable and I would like to be proactive in getting/making one but I have a couple of questions if there are any KD-750 owners out there.
1. I believe that the DIN connector at the tonearm is a male connector and I need to use a female one for the cable. Right?
2. From the service manual it appears that the tonearm cable DIN connector is straight and not a 90 degree.
3. Is the DIN connector a 180 degree pin layout and a standard DIN connector

I am leaning towards making the tonearm cable vs buying one. I can't understand why the prices are so high for the ones I see being sold. Maybe I am missing something. I do know that I need to add the ground wire, but that is not a problem.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have just purchased a Kenwood KD-750, but it won't arrive for a couple of weeks. It is missing the DIN tonearm cable and I would like to be proactive in getting/making one but I have a couple of questions if there are any KD-750 owners out there.
1. I believe that the DIN connector at the tonearm is a male connector and I need to use a female one for the cable. Right?
2. From the service manual it appears that the tonearm cable DIN connector is straight and not a 90 degree.
3. Is the DIN connector a 180 degree pin layout and a standard DIN connector

I am leaning towards making the tonearm cable vs buying one. I can't understand why the prices are so high for the ones I see being sold. Maybe I am missing something. I do know that I need to add the ground wire, but that is not a problem.

I have a KD-750 as well and use an Audioquest Wildcat tonearm cable with it. The Wildcat is less than $100 on Amazon and it works well. The "DIN" plug is actually a JIS, whose pin layout differs slightly from the standard 5-pin DIN you'd find on an old computer keyboard. Congrats on your new turntable. The 750 is a very nice table.
 
Problem was solved thanks to the help of a stereo shop called the Vinyl adventure in England. I received the turntable, took a picture of the DIN connection and sent it to them. They confirmed that their DIN cable called the "Rebel" would do the job. It arrived a few days ago and works fine. Cost was $43 U.S. plus shipping.
 
Back
Top Bottom