• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood KL 5050

Jmcgow

New Member
There are a pair of Kenwood KL 5050 speakers for sale in my area and for the first time I can't find any references to them on AK!! Does anyone have a pair or know anything about these? They look mint but he is asking $300/not tested. Wondering what I've got here... Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK!. I have info on the Kenwood KL-555D's here, they look very similar if not the same as the 5050. They are 3 ways, 5 drivers (read Kabuki), style... 110watt max input, 12" woofer, 2-5inch mids and 2 horn tweeters. 96DB/W sensitivity. 33lbs each. Price is step for those i'd say...
 
I agree with all the previous responses - too expensive. Some of those Kenwood Kabuki appearing speakers are surprisingly convincing, but this is not known by collectors, or they don't care. So the appropriate price is that of all unknown speakers - as little as you can get away with, or as much as you are willing to pay to help out the seller. I doubt if I would even bother going to see the speakers - the price is so high that I suspect the seller will not be realistic.
 
Thank you! This is a very knowledgeable group. I'm greatful for all the help, I have a line on some Advent large for $50 less. I'm pursuing them
 
Back
Top Bottom