• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood KR 1400 Fair Asking Price

bcosta76

New Member
Hello AK folks. I happened upon a Kenwood KR 1400 that functions perfectly and is very clean. Can I get some ideas on how much it might be worth? Also, I'm new here, so I apologize if this kind of question is frowned upon. Much appreciated, Ben
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Matthew's price is right on. You do realize it's only 10 watts per channel? Many flea watt receivers are very good sounding, just take into consideration your listening habits, as well as your speaker sensitivity before buying.
 
You posted correctly - questions of value belong in Dollars and Sense. I'm thinking $30-$50 for a fair price depending on condition, $50 being mint. (Canadian funds).I would agree with jcamaro though - your speakers are going to want more than - you're gonna want more watts in a very short time. I found that as I bought more gear at higher wpc there was just no going back to anything under 50 wpc. Just not enough headroom in the tank. You can still grab a 30+wpc for $50-$200 depending on brand. A couple examples: I got a JVC JR-S401 @85 wpc for $175 Canadian funds last year and it's got plenty of punch. I got a Pioneer SX-680 @30 wpc for $120 with manual still in the box mint shape.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom