• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood kr-9050 aux input

TunnezItIs

New Member
Hello, I recently received a Kenwood kr-9050 and I have come across an issue, when I plugged in a pair of rca cables into the aux input, I noticed that the port would move slightly in ward compared to the right port not having any movement, I then went and began playing music through the aux connection and the left channel does not sound correct. I have tested the tape play input, and the left channel works perfectly. what would be the best course of action for repairing this port any suggestions would be greatly appreciated or if there are already other threads that I can be pointed to is also welcome. thank you!
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello, I recently received a Kenwood kr-9050 and I have come across an issue, when I plugged in a pair of rca cables into the aux input, I noticed that the port would move slightly in ward compared to the right port not having any movement, I then went and began playing music through the aux connection and the left channel does not sound correct. I have tested the tape play input, and the left channel works perfectly. what would be the best course of action for repairing this port any suggestions would be greatly appreciated or if there are already other threads that I can be pointed to is also welcome. thank you!

The input connection is broken. Unplug it, take the top cover off, then look at the back corner where the connections are to see how bad it is.
 
The input connection is broken. Unplug it, take the top cover off, then look at the back corner where the connections are to see how bad it is.
Ok, probably dumb question but what I'm looking for should either be a cracked solder, or leaking cap?
 
Ok, probably dumb question but what I'm looking for should either be a cracked solder, or leaking cap?
Once you have the top off take your RCA plug and insert it. Watch what happens. Guessing broken interior plastic holding the jack is broken.
 
Back
Top Bottom