• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood KR-9600 woodcase How common or rare

The standard config was handles, and no wood case. If you ordered the model from a dealer with the wood case, the handles were left off.

Personally, I think it looks pretty good with both.

Absolutely! :thmbsp: The wood case/handles reminds me of Clark Kent/Superman. Wood case for the refined "Clark Kent" approach and those big shiny handles for the Superman "I mean BUSINESS!" statement. When I saw my first 9600 back in 1978 with those big handles, I knew it was the one for me. It remains a valued member of the family after 30 years!

Good luck on the restoration - this is one receiver that's well worth it!
 
Hello
I just came upon a kr-9600. Would love a wood cabinet. Does anyone have the specs or other information/pattern on how to make one?
Thanks
 
Hello
I just came upon a kr-9600. Would love a wood cabinet. Does anyone have the specs or other information/pattern on how to make one?
Thanks
Well, good luck with that!
I actually scored one last year with some broken slats on top but not sure how I'm going to fix it up.
 
Well, good luck with that!
I actually scored one last year with some broken slats on top but not sure how I'm going to fix it up.

Thanks, let me know if you ever want to part with it. I just wish I could see one up close to take measurements etc. I have someone that could probably replicate it if they had the specs.
 
Well, you have the receiver - that should tell you all you need.
Just make sure to vent it on the top and bottom.
Where are you located?
 
Perhaps the best way to ship would be to pack as one would normally do, then shrink-wrap to a pallet & ship as a palletized load. Forklift handling. Hard to f%#k that up, but a knucklehead could still victimize it somehow. Some people can screw up an iron ball with a rubber mallet. Unfortunately, most of 'em work in shipping /receiving.:eek::dunno:
 
Well, you have the receiver - that should tell you all you need.
Just make sure to vent it on the top and bottom.
Where are you located?
That’s true but I’d like it to look as much like the original as possible. I am in Cincinnati area.
 
This might be an alternative. I would have to have someone else fabricate one for me. There is enough of it left, and with someone with an eye for this type of skill, probably can be done.
There is an AK member that is doing Marantz cases. They are amazing. Since you have your case, he could probably measure it and make one. Won’t be cheap, but if he can do it, it will be spectacular. Goes by “Asaalah”
Good luck.
 
Back
Top Bottom