• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood KR5030 - Possible Vintage Purchase

RDselth

New Member
Hello!

I am college student and I'm currently using a Kenwood KR-2090 with two Merak Bookshelf Speakers and I'm loving it.

Recently, I found a Kenwood KR-5030 for sale at $35.00 Canadian. I'm wondering, is it worth the $35 to upgrade to the 5030 from the 2090?

I know that the 2090 only has 15W output whereas the 5030 has 60W.

I am considering getting two more larger speakers in the future for my apartment.


Thanks!

-RDselth
 
Register to hide this ad
You will hear the difference. I think it takes a minimum of about 30 watts a channel to get the snap / quickness missing from the sound when using lower power units. This is not just evident at high volume but clear thru the volume range.
 
Back
Top Bottom