• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood KVA-502 - Anybody Familiar?

lojyo610

Active Member
Hey Kenwood Fans:

I am about to buy a Kenwood KVA-502 integrated AV amp for $30. It looks close to mint.

Does anybody know anything about these? I know they were built between about 1982 and 1984 and had the "new" audio/video integration in mind with a variety of video inputs and such. I found a power rating of 55 watts/channel at 4 ohms. It has a tape loop and a MM phono section.

Can anyone provide more info or comments?
 
Register to hide this ad
Just got one in. I like it. 50 watts of old school power and she's got that signature kenny clean and open sound. Good into 4 ohms. I haven't found complete specs yet but I'm betting more like 75 watts into 4ohms especially by today's standards. Can't wait to try the phono but I'm betting that's nice too.
Love the clean lines and willing to ignore the old school video functions for the good sound and simple layout. Made in Japan.
This one acts like it just came off the line almost 40 years later. Why do I love vintage audio again? She's a sleeper.
 
Back
Top Bottom