• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Kenwood KW-44 questons

Ziradog

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Going to look at one of these available locally. My searches for a schematics, etc. have not been successful. A previous thread here mentioned that it was the same/similar to the Trio W-38, but the layouts look different & the Trio has more tubes (19 vs. 16 for the Kenwood). Does anyone have a source for a correct schematic for the KW-44 or know definitively which Trio (or Lafayette?) models are similar? I've worked on Trio-built Lafayette's in the past (notably a LA-224A & several similar vintage tuners) so I have some idea what I would be getting into (i.e., 27 bazillion dead grey capacitors crammed into small tight spaces), but I would *REALLY* like to have a schematic.

Thanks for any or all help.
 
Register to hide this ad
That looks pretty similar to my W-38. The latter is tube rectified via a 5AR4 and has two magic eye tuning indicators, which would account for the three extra tubes.
 
Back
Top Bottom