• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood L-07M Vs L-07MII

Thanks for the tip! I just found the same Absolute Sound Magazine on eBay and purchased it! In the contents, it lists the L-07M. Can’t wait to get it. I’ll post some images of the review here when I get it.
Thank you! We will all enjoy that.
 
phf86.JPG


phf87.JPG
 
I haven't been able to track down the David berriman L Series amplifier reviews. I also think that I am confusing his review of the L-08C and L-08Ms with the L-07Ms.
 
I haven't been able to track down the David berriman L Series amplifier reviews. I also think that I am confusing his review of the L-08C and L-08Ms with the L-07Ms.
I appreciate you digging for the review. I'm anxiously waiting for the arrival of the review from The Absolute Sound that I purchased. I will be posting it here for everyone to check out.
 
I wish this thread wasn't created. I have a line on a pair of L07m and trying to pull the trigger. I don't know if they will be better than my Hafler 280. Same power.
 
I wish this thread wasn't created. I have a line on a pair of L07m and trying to pull the trigger. I don't know if they will be better than my Hafler 280. Same power.
Dunno, the TOTL LO-0#M Kennies were fab when they came out, the original DH-200 aspiring giant killers when they came out a couple years later. Kennies still highly regarded, lots of upgrades for the Haflers.
Mosfet vs bipolar silicon sound in the mix.
 
Last edited:
I wish this thread wasn't created. I have a line on a pair of L07m and trying to pull the trigger. I don't know if they will be better than my Hafler 280. Same power.
Get them!!! Make sure you have a competent technician go through them before using them for too long. It'll save you headaches and heartaches. Let us know if you pull the trigger! You won't be disappointed. Stereo separation and nuances for days!
 
An unfortunate update to this thread can be found here

Thanks HackWhite. I've seen a lot crazy stuff that the PO either didn't know about or ignored. I recently did a KA-6100 with 10A fuses where a 4A should be. I tend to assume nothing works until I run it through the bench.

I'm working on a Marantz 250 right now. I've found a lot of burned up parts, transistors in the wrong locations and a few other odd things. I did get one channel working with some effort. The second channel is a bit more difficult and I'll need another Mouser parts order.
 
Last edited:
Great review as I remember it.
Thank you for posting this!
If enough people read this then look out used market!
 
Those pesky moderators.
Just received the pair of L-07Ms that was selling in BarterTown.
Recap and install an IEC power plug and new speaker terminals as soon as the parts arrive.
 
Last edited:
Those pesky moderators.
Just received my the pair of L-07Ms that was selling in BarterTown.
Recap and install an IEC power plug and new speaker terminals as soon as the parts arrive.
I'm sure that you'll love them. Make sure to go through them with a fine tooth comb and replace all caps and known trouble transistors. Clean all contacts and slots where the PCB's slide into. Did you get the Mk1 or the MK2?
 
Back
Top Bottom