• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood questions

danj

modern primitive
I've recently aquired two pair of Trio/Kenwood speakers:

Set one is an excellent pair of KL-777D speakers. Cabinets and drivers are beautiful and sound is awesome - these things are quite efficient compared to my Polks! There is zero speaker damage. The only negative is trying to clean the dust and cobwebs outta the lattice grills. These beasts weigh in at 50 lbs each.

Set two is a pair of KL-888D speakers. These are not as nice, cosmetically, as the 777s but are still very good. The only damage to the cabinets is scratches to the finish and a couple tiny dings. The drivers are excellent as is the sound. They seem to be a tad less efficient than the 777s but are still up there. These weigh 54 lbs each!

I'm thinking about selling one of the pairs. Opinions on which I should keep and why?:scratch2:
 
Register to hide this ad
I just picked up a pair of kl-777x(200wpc).I don't know what the differences are.I don't think they are 50lbs though seem more like 20 -30 lbs.I haven't really driven them hard to see what their potential is but they appear to be very efficient.
 
According to the KL-777D specs net weight, per speaker, is 49.7 lbs. Pretty hefty and 28" X 18" X 12" so it's also pretty good sized.:thmbsp:

I've posted them on ebay and might also post the 888s.:smoke:
 
I saw them,depending on what your powering them with I would keep the 888's Picked up mine for $15 in very good condition.Noticed your avatar.I love Cream.one of my favorite bands.Tripped on that album in about '77 under the influence of psychedelic mushrooms. Good luck on ebay
 
Back
Top Bottom