• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood Supremes Have Arrived

bdl955

New Member
Dianna Ross step aside. Today I joined the Supremes. In fact a set of very nice Kenwood Supremes (700T, 700C, & 700M) made it safely to my door from Canada today.

Next stop is EW's for his magic touch on the 700C and 700M.

Excuse my enthusiasm, but I just had to share the good news.

Smiling in RI,

Bryan
 
Register to hide this ad
Were these the ones off of that auction site that were offered up with the box and packing?

Scott
 
Holy chit, Batman!
You have jumped into vintage with some of the best gear available. Your hunt is over--especially after EW does his magic!
 
Hey Bully,
Forget about it being vintage,the EW 700C may be one of the top few preamps ever made.
Just phenomenal.
 
Great score. :thmbsp:I'm sure they'll bring the audio to a new level in your system. I don't know if you dig radio but I'd be looking long and hard at giving the 700t the treatment, as well. Poor EW, with the resurgent Kenwood interest, he must be swamped. :D
 
Kenwood Supremes

Thanks for the votes of confidence. I had a chance to take a close look at all 3 pieces tonite. A few light scuffs here and there (probably from traveling and stacking), but certainly all would be graded excellent. Faceplates are close to mint. Tuner looks awesome when lit up. Hopefully I will have them up and playing this weekend.

Yes Westend, the 700T may need to make a trip to Mike Williams at RadioX.

Funny thing is that I've been working on an Accuphase system recently. In a similar move last year I picked up an Accuphase set, mint T-100, mint C-200 and very good P-300. T-100 is back from RadioX. P-300 is back from EW. C-200 is at EW's now.

I never thought I find a Kenwood Supreme set like this.

I've been into vintage audio for about 12 years, first tube, now SS. My one lesson learned is that when the RIGHT item or set comes around don't let it go by unless the price goes nuts. I've only invoked this rule a few times and have never regretted it.

I'm looking forward to some great listening this winter with the Kenwoods and the Accuphases.

Still smiling,

Bryan
 
Bryan,
Considering the regard with which both the Accuphase units and the Kenwood Supremes are held,when you finally get both sets EW'd, we'd appreciate you posting your impressions of their relative sonic merits.
That is,which sounds better.
Thanks.:thmbsp:
 
My one lesson learned is that when the RIGHT item or set comes around don't let it go by unless the price goes nuts. I've only invoked this rule a few times and have never regretted it.


Great advise. This is how I learned I am better off paying fair price for want I want rather then looking for the lowest price.
 
Congrats Bryan! Seriously though, DO send the power/pre amps to Echowars for a full resto. It will make an amazing difference.
 
Back
Top Bottom