• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KG 5.5 help

Krisd954

New Member
Recently picked up the Klipsch kg 5.5"s own a Yamaha rx-v565 and Marantz 2265b and 1060 amp. Does not get loud with just the Marantz Receiver but extremely loud with the Yamaha. I think the amp is overkill. I need your thoughts on why the vintage is so quiet? I like hard rock to metal.in case that helps.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have to think something is wrong with the Marantz. Are you saying the speakers sound weak with either the 2265b and the 1060?
 
old amplifiers should be totally re capped to bring them up to better than new performance otherwise when they blow up (and they will) they will take your speakers out with them when they die. anything over 30 years of age is old and the electrolytic caps in them are ready to die any old time.
 
Back
Top Bottom