• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kind of pumped for Fisher...

WhiteSE

Is Lute Gluten Free??
Subscriber
One of my teacher coworkers found a Fisher 500C and he sold it to me....As usual, I plugged it in right away and it worked great without smell or fuzz for quite awhile...When I turned it on again, nothing...as dead as shark eyes...(Quinn)...fuse was not blown..

Anyway, I took it across the river to tube amp guy Blackie Pagano in NYC and should be ready after a refurbishing one of these days...

I need to decide if the Fisher will unseat the Pilot SM245A that GordonW refurbished or another unit was many fancy caps and stuff that I want to try to get to compare with GordonW's unit...

I am using nowadays EPI M100 speakers..I don't think they are that efficient, so they might enjoy the 7591 power over the puny EL-84...

This is the other unit i want to get underneath.
 
Register to hide this ad
The early Fishers really had "something" and the 500C is one of Fisher's best. I hope when you get back, it will be an eye opener.
 
I love my McIntosh, I love my Yamaha Natural Sound amps from the 70's.
But my 500c? That's kind of special.

Maybe it's because it's the only Fisher I have ever owned, or maybe it's simply the design... not sure. It's just special.

My bet is you'll love it as much as most of us love ours.

Keep us posted please. Enjoy.
 
Back
Top Bottom