• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kind of Sad

Register to hide this ad
I own these and use them in my home theater system. They aren't that bad. Sure they are no Khorn but they aren't trying to be. They are good for casual listening of music and great for movies and TV. They blow the pants of anything that size, especially Bose. The best thing about them is my wife loves them because you can't really see them in the room. If I were to drag my Heresy II's into the living room there would be a war...hey at least I have my own listening room (second in size only to the master bedroom) so that has to count for something.

This guy's price is ridiculous, I picked mine up for $250 at Best Buy on sale and got the 10" sub for another $250.

BTW, the cones are not metallic, it's some type of polycone.
 
I own these and use them in my home theater system. They aren't that bad. Sure they are no Khorn but they aren't trying to be. They are good for casual listening of music and great for movies and TV. They blow the pants of anything that size, especially Bose. The best thing about them is my wife loves them because you can't really see them in the room. If I were to drag my Heresy II's into the living room there would be a war...hey at least I have my own listening room (second in size only to the master bedroom) so that has to count for something.

This guy's price is ridiculous, I picked mine up for $250 at Best Buy on sale and got the 10" sub for another $250.

BTW, the cones are not metallic, it's some type of polycone.

I was about to chime in but you did a good job covering the important points. I had my eye on them for a while but decided to go with two used pairs of JBL control 1's because they were dirt cheap and sound as good. I think they were on sale for around 200 bucks a few days ago. Great value but I think I would go for the energy take classics right now If i were in the market for quality, cheap 5.0
 
Truth be told, I did replace the mains in my ht setup with a pair of old Klipsch KSB 1.1 because I had them laying around and they had better midrange than the 4" driver of the quintets. I only did this because I do occassionaly listen to music in the living room.

I am thinking of upgrading soon, as with the birth of my daughter I am spending more time in the living room. My biggest constraint is the dimensions of the entertainment shelves. They are 17"w x 13" h x 13" d. The height is the killer as it pretty much precludes anything with more than a 5.25" driver. I have my eye on the JBL S38 as they are horizontal and would fit the bill if I could find 5 of them. I am not limited on the size of the surround speakers as they are on the back wall in the vaulted part of our ceiling.
 
Truth be told, I did replace the mains in my ht setup with a pair of old Klipsch KSB 1.1 because I had them laying around and they had better midrange than the 4" driver of the quintets. I only did this because I do occassionaly listen to music in the living room.

I am thinking of upgrading soon, as with the birth of my daughter I am spending more time in the living room. My biggest constraint is the dimensions of the entertainment shelves. They are 17"w x 13" h x 13" d. The height is the killer as it pretty much precludes anything with more than a 5.25" driver. I have my eye on the JBL S38 as they are horizontal and would fit the bill if I could find 5 of them. I am not limited on the size of the surround speakers as they are on the back wall in the vaulted part of our ceiling.

I just got a pair of energy take sat's for my computer, I was relatively impressed with them once paired with a sub. Supposedly the Take LCR's are really nice. They look pretty slick too, shouldn't annoy the wifey too much. The towers in silver are on sale right now for 250$ for a pair. I am really interested but I just can't justify the scratch at the moment.
 
There is a record store here in Austin that uses those for their in store system and when I first saw them I thought those can't sound that great, but I was surprised. Klipsch owns Energy now right? I will have to keep my eye out for them.
 
There is a record store here in Austin that uses those for their in store system and when I first saw them I thought those can't sound that great, but I was surprised. Klipsch owns Energy now right? I will have to keep my eye out for them.

Yeah they are part of the "Klipcsh group":

www.overstock.com/Electronics/Energy-Silver-Tower-Speakers/3286194/product.html

Those are what I am talking about. You can get 20% off if you use Bing cashback.

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-SATS1-...4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251473016&sr=8-4

Got a pair of those for 70 bucks a while back. Pretty damn awesome highs, good mids. No lows obviously

Very, very good build quality.
 
Terrible price (the CL listing...) Decent setup when you can get it for $100 or thereabouts. They sound ok. Nothing special but very competent speakers.
 
Back
Top Bottom