• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kinergetics Research KPA-380 3-Channel Power Amplifier

Xrock

Elite$ound
I just score this AMP in FleaBay. Seller sell it because his wife do not know how to use it. It does take a women to finally break-up his friendship with his gear.

I thought it will be a good time to buy, while everybody is distracted watching the SuperBowl/SuperBowl preview. Cost me $355.00, which I think is a steal. It is a 3 channel 140 Watt @ 8 ohm. This will be the first 3-channel Amp that I will own.

I think I will use this as a back-up to the Nak PA-7. The PA-7 was also a steal a year ago at FleaBay. I use my computer to hook up to the PA-7 and the sound is so rich, fullfilling, and smooth. You really don't need a separate sub-woofer as the PA-7 produce a good low when match with a good speakers. Everybody should try to grab it when the chance arrive.

Please comment or give you impression on the Kinergetics Research amp because I do not know the history of the company or this amp, but the Kinergetics KBA-280 from the same company did receive some good review.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Congrats on the new amp. I've read that Kinergetic made some pretty sweet stuff in its day. Went under because they specialized in high-end 2 channel and HT put the nail in their coffin. Too bad.

Did you get a look at the cd player as well. I believe it was KCD-20. Looks solidly built. I was impressed with the construction but don't need another cd player right now. I remember seeing those years ago and was wowed by it back then.
 
Thanks, for the info Tripqzon.

I did not know that Kinergetic got tank. How ironic, since Nak company was in the same boat, but manage to survive. Nak specialize in tape deck. Companies have to change in order to live on. It is good to know that Kinergetic made good amp in it's day.

I don't need a CD player because CD player can not hold many songs. I connect my amp to a computer because CD player is absolete in today standard. Ipod and digital format for music rule the current generation. In as sense, maybe the music industry should get a way from CD format and encourage more digital format that can be d/l at a fair price.
 
Kinergetics has been gone for several years now. I believe I've read that it's now difficult to get their gear serviced.
 
This amp look mint. This type of model was manufacture in 1994, so that will be like 14 years. I can not found a PDF info on this model, but the owner seem to care for his gear. Also the shipment is very short distance to get to me. I will have this Amp in couple of days. I will give comments on the performance of the Amp. Base on the Kinergetics KBA-280 review, the amp perform like a tube amp or have characteristic of tube amp. I have just have to compare my Nak PA-7. Many thought the Nak PA-7 comes very close to tube amp for a Solid State Amp.

Since the company tank, this make the amp very rare and hard to find. I will pair the amp with MB Quart 450 speakers to compare. The MB Quart 450 speakers is very rare and does have a 10" woofer. It is very rare, since MB Quart don't make such a big speaker for home audio.
 
Back
Top Bottom