• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

King Crimson, in the court of...

Came out when I was in 8th Grade. FM-100 played cuts from it daily and my friends and I all had copies. One friend had the picture from the inner cover painted on the entire bedroom wall in blacklight paint. :lmao:
 
There you go. :D A great album it is and it is good a younger generation is finding it out. :)


Carl
 
Two or three hundred bucks gets you a sealed MFSL.

OH MY!!!!!! Thanks for the info! Have a sealed and unsealed here and, frankly, the sound is good and all though i prefer the Island. Really need to get a collector out here one day to price this stuff. My jaw dropped when i found out what a Nautilus Young 'Harvest' goes for... let alone the Beatles MoFi box and the usual D2D Crystal stuff and various test pressings and promo copies.
 
A knowledgeable source in this matter(Mystic) has reported that there is a CD pressing out of Japan that is of the highest quality. I don't belive there is a vinyl pressing that does the work justice.
 
A knowledgeable source in this matter(Mystic) has reported that there is a CD pressing out of Japan that is of the highest quality. I don't belive there is a vinyl pressing that does the work justice.

Personally, a mint pink Island label is when I will stop my search for the best Crimson In the Court.

That being said, certain Japanese CD pressings can be amazing (see, e.g., DSotM).

The Brit sci-fi flick "Children of Men" makes good use of King Crimson (and other Brit rock bands).
 
I have a copy- "Editions EG" collectors half speed mastered on vinyl, I don't have the original issue to compare it to.It sounds damn good,though! Another vinyl KC favorite is the Young Peoples Guide double LP- it has the "I talk to the Wind" with Judy Dyble doing the vocal..
 
Personally, a mint pink Island label is when I will stop my search for the best Crimson In the Court.

That being said, certain Japanese CD pressings can be amazing (see, e.g., DSotM).

The Brit sci-fi flick "Children of Men" makes good use of King Crimson (and other Brit rock bands).

Wow I saw that movie a couple weeks ago. Maybe it was latent "karma" :D to come across the album. Not a bad flick. I think in the movie they are cover versions of most of those brit band songs featured. Probably had some issues with royalties.
 
Personally, a mint pink Island label is when I will stop my search for the best Crimson In the Court.

That being said, certain Japanese CD pressings can be amazing (see, e.g., DSotM).

The Brit sci-fi flick "Children of Men" makes good use of King Crimson (and other Brit rock bands).

Actually I don't think it is all in the "clean" sound of pink Island's ( I have many of various groups) but in the mix of the this particular work. The mix is muddy and from what I have heard there is a particular remix which is superior. Mystic.... give us a hand here.
 
I don't remember the original Atlantic being as muddy as the CD I own and other's I've heard. My 20th Anniversay remaster sounds like a cassette copy that was made on a cheap boombox. Hiss and mud with very little bandwidth.
 
I actually like my CD version better than any vinyl copy I've ever heard. It's the late 90's mini-LP version I bought from DGM.

I'd given up on finding a nice pink label original UK pressing but now I think I'll resume the search. The trip to the record store today was a bust. They didn't even have a single copy of "Court". Somewhere out there is a NM copy with my name on it, I just have to find it.
 
Even hinting at offers to buy and sell in forums is a no no. AK rule number 5.:yes:
Carl

Umm... if you mean me i AINT selling, though my insurance might need a bit of updating. Am surprised what some of this stuff is now going for and after having a few albums stolen i now keep my collection FAR far away from prying eyes and sticky fingers.
 
...a mint pink Island label is when I will stop my search for the best Crimson In the Court.

The Japanese RI on CD is very good, but at the end of the day, the UK Pink Island is the version of this one to track down & keep forever.
 
I have a later (early-mid '70s) pressing on vinyl. It sounds great, I don't know if spending 10x as much to get a UK Pink Island label is justified in my case. ;)

KC's '70s output is great as well, Islands is probably my favorite, depending on my mood.
 
cubby01 said:
At the thrift I was shocked to find a copy of the first '69 US release of _In The Court of The Crimson King_ on Atlantic....

I just got this also (Atlantic - 69 release) and in pretty good shape (Not much noise thankfully)

It was in the $1 bin @ this record store I goto...... I HADNT EVER HEARD THEM but im glad I got it!!!

ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!!!!!!


Celt said:
I guarantee you that the original Atlantic record sounds better than my 20th Anniversary Virgin CD remaster, which is a sonic wasteland.

Of course buddy because its not analogue........
 
Back
Top Bottom