• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kirksaeder x-3c in da house!

SpruceMoose

Super Member
a friend of mine just gave me a pair of Kirksaeder x-3c speakers that he bought in Germany in 1967. they were stored in his attic for many years. i need to open them up and check out the drivers, and find out what's in the box. pics to follow...
 
Register to hide this ad
oooooh, harsh! ;)

here ya go!
 

Attachments

  • PICT0112-895x407.jpg
    PICT0112-895x407.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 56
  • PICT0111-890x867.jpg
    PICT0111-890x867.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 97
  • PICT0109-886x768.jpg
    PICT0109-886x768.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 92
Kirksaeter is an interesting brand

HI,

I've never seen but one pair in person. They seem rather uncommon. A friend has a pair of 260CD towers that have impressive build quality and components. They sound big and impressive, too, but a bit on the bright side. This picture is from the web. His are black laquer.

Hope you enjoy yours,
John
 

Attachments

  • 260CD  fronts.jpg
    260CD fronts.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 148
always been curious about Kirksaeters. In my mind I lump them into the Telefunken/Braun/Grundig zone, but I have no idea if that is warranted.

So, give- how do they sound?
 
have not hooked them up yet. maybe this weekend.

so far i have found no references to the old ones on the net. kinda odd.

now, where can i find a bass-o-matic...
 
I've got what I thought was the only pair of Kirksaeters, no idea of what model these are. Forward in the mids but very nice sounding speakers. Mine have a five setting 'raum-o-matic" control to back them down a notch or two.

attachment.php


Some info on older kirksaeters here: http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?h...search?q=KIRKSAETER+MODERATOR+5075&hl=en&sa=G
 
thanks for the spec pages. nice find!

as for the "o-matic" part, the mid and tweeter controls feel like plain old wire-wound pots. not much "o-matic" about that. we shall see...

everything i read about the brand seems to point to a good quality european speaker. kinda lean in the bass, forward mids. we shall see about that too...
 
TTBOMK - Kirksaeder are usually some top-shelf speakers. Just take a gander at absolon's and you will believe it too.
 
They went right into rotation in my shop when I acquired them and were good enough that they became the standard for comparison to later acquisitions. Consequently, I've yet to open them up for a closer look.

Have to do it now though. I accidentally ran a 200 wpc channel amp at full volume through them and took out one of the tweeters.
 
Back
Top Bottom