• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klayman Signature Planar speakers?

Brent71

Well-Known Member
Anybody ever heard of these things before? I can't find much info doing a Google search but it seems they were designed by Arnold Klayman of SRS Labs. Here's an expired ebay ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/Klayman-Signatu...0939871QQihZ015QQcategoryZ14993QQcmdZViewItem

c52e_1.JPG
 
Register to hide this ad
Ooooooo they're purdy! I can't help you though, just another in a long line of speaker companies I've never heard of.
 
Google is your friend. I found some info. Seems there was about 400 of these made and the inventor was semi well regarded for some things.

http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.mpl?forum=speakers&n=188956&highlight=Bertagni&r=&session=

I would have initially deemed them crap having never seen them mentioned but they might be worth looking into. Although keeping them running if they are good might be a obstacle.

include SRSlabs in your search and you'll get some additional hits.

Some more info from searches...

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?hbest&1119394655&openfrom&23&4

"Any of my magnepans MGLR-1, .05 AND INCLUDING MY SRSLABS KLAYMAN SIGNATURE will blow away in imaging any dynamic speakers at major speaker stores costing hundreds more. The srslabs used to retail for $1200 went down to $400 til it was discontinued. With a sub, the klayman signatures are hard to beat in home theater set up at the price range, no $500-800 speaker go near it even $1000 dynamic speakers. The imaging is up there and lifelike similar to OHM'S radiation pattern."

Info on Arnold Klayman - http://www.1388.com/articles/srs-english/
 
Google is your friend.
I tried that. From my very first post:
I can't find much info doing a Google search but it seems they were designed by Arnold Klayman of SRS Labs.
I found some info. Seems there was about 400 of these made and the inventor was semi well regarded for some things.

http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.mpl?forum=speakers&n=188956&highlight=Bertagni&r=&session=

I would have initially deemed them crap having never seen them mentioned but they might be worth looking into. Although keeping them running if they are good might be a obstacle.

include SRSlabs in your search and you'll get some additional hits.

Some more info from searches...

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?hbest&1119394655&openfrom&23&4

"Any of my magnepans MGLR-1, .05 AND INCLUDING MY SRSLABS KLAYMAN SIGNATURE will blow away in imaging any dynamic speakers at major speaker stores costing hundreds more. The srslabs used to retail for $1200 went down to $400 til it was discontinued. With a sub, the klayman signatures are hard to beat in home theater set up at the price range, no $500-800 speaker go near it even $1000 dynamic speakers. The imaging is up there and lifelike similar to OHM'S radiation pattern."

Info on Arnold Klayman - http://www.1388.com/articles/srs-english/
Thanks for the further info.
 
Back
Top Bottom