• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

KLH 5's + KLH 20's Free from CL and sounding strangely good stacked.

pete1729

Super Member
The same craigslist ad that yielded free KLH 5's also rendered a pair of KLH 20's with RCA inputs rather than terminals. I figured the 20's were part of some lost integrated system. All four speakers lived in a frat house for some time and have had a few changes of ownership over the past few years.

The day previous I had passed on a pair of KLH model 6's which were gorgeous but seemed spendy at $300 for the pair. The 6's had some small boxes set on top, the backs of which might have said KLH, but my head was sort of swimming from going to bed too late, getting up too early, and the mint copy of 'Kind Of Blue' I had just snagged for a dollar.

Anyhow it got me to thinking, "what if the Model 20's were stacked on the Model 5's? What if that's how they were set up when that frat boy stole them from his father?"

After soldering up some connectors and adding the 20's to the Pioneer/KLH 5 rig I'm starting to think yes.

None of them has been recapped yet, so the 5's might have a better top end than they are displaying right now by themselves, but with the 20's added to them I am really quite surprised at just how good it sounds running both sets of speakers.
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom